Summerland Resort Blog
2 minute read
Planning a trip to Summerland with your crew? Check out all the activities Okanagan Family Fun shared and your family will be all set for your adventures!
The kids are out of school and you are headed for a family vacation! Lucky you! It sounds great until the kids start running out of things to do. Or perhaps you are challenged to keep all of your multi-aged children happy at the same time. Are you looking for some inspiration, new adventures, and to explore more of the town of Summerland? With activities and tastes geared towards all ages, this list will keep your family busy! It includes everything on it for a fantastic family getaway in Summerland, BC.
At Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa you can...
1. Hop into the heated pool for a swim or laze around in a lounge chair with a snack from the Bistro
2. Borrow a complimentary cruiser bike and helmet and ride along the lakeshore
3. Sit around the campfire and make s'mores - click here to reserve your time
4. Order a Shirley Temples at Shaughnessy's Cove
5. Sing along with live musicians every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
6. Walk over to the Trout Hatchery next door
7. Observe all the critters in the wetland over at the boardwalk
8. Borrow bocce ball, badminton items, beach toys, fishing rods, and more all through the Experiences office
9. Snuggle in for a movie and popcorn in your suite
10. Pack a lunch to grill on the BBQs in the picnic area
11. Rent a paddleboard, kayak, a pontoon boat or Sea-Doos - check out the entire SWR Boat Rentals Fleet here
Adventuring Around Summerland and Beyond
For off-site family fun, head over to the Okanagan Family Fun website. They created a blog post that lists 29 Family-Friendly Things To Do in Summerland and it's full of great adventures.
Some highlights are the new Summerland Skate Park, a sweet stop at Maple Roch, ideas for the freshest fruit around, and several popular playgrounds including Peach Orchard Park which is a stone's throw from Summerland Waterfront Resort and has a splash park.
It's not just all about kids either. Unexpected highlights include a visit to the Trout Hatchery, Euro Rail Hobbies & More Thrift Shop, or Geek Easy for comic books, geek memorabilia, and games, but they're all places you don't want to miss! This is just the tip of Ogopogo's fin, so go read the blog to see the rest!
Thanks to Raquel at Okanagan Family Fun for sharing all these awesome places here in Summerland. If you're looking to venture out a little further, the website is a fantastic resource for any kind of family fun all the way from Vernon to Osoyoos.
Read 29 Family-Friendly Things to Do In Summerland on Okanagan Family Fun
Posted June 14, 2022